Saturday, December 09, 2006

What I am about to write could come back to haunt me if I ever run for office. What is up with church and the bible? I am a skeptical Catholic who attends mass several times a year. I have attended protestant church masses as well and have made several observations of Christianity. Most people who read the bible know very little about it. For example my grandma reads the Bible every day, yet knows very little about who wrote it. We know that there are two distinct parts, the Old Testament and the New Testament. I take particular interest in the New Testament because I am a Christian, and the New Testament introduces Jesus. Sure the New Testament has valuable, insightful information, but I am interested in who wrote it. Many people believe that the Bible is the exact word of God, but they are unquestioning of who physically wrote it. It turns out that the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John were written several decades after the Jesus’ life. The exact date of when the Gospels were written is unknown; there are several theories that are able to give educated guesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home